Confidant

Many people tell me not to trust anyone but myself, or keep who I trust limited..things like that. And personally, I've gone through enough situations to where I can understand why people feel that way and why they tell me that. But when I think about it and how I feel when I keep everything to myself, I'm not the type of person who can do that. I'm best when I have someone to confide in. Which I think a lot people are but because of negative situations and people, they've grown to be that way. Now I'm not saying that's necessarily the wrong way to be, but for a lot of people having someone to confide in lifts a huge weight off of your chest. Especially when you've gone through enough to where you think you can't confide in anyone, there's probably one person that's willing to listen to your problems. There are people out there who want nothing from you but to help and having a listening ear is a lot more help than you may think. I would of course proceed with caution, but if someone stresses to you that they're here for you, then use them. You don't have to ask them for advice or support in any physical way, you might just need someone to listen to the stuff that goes on with you, use them for that. Harboring your emotions, especially if you've grown to think that for whatever reason you can't express yourself, is only toxic to you as a person. It keeps the negativity inside of you, whether you realize it or not. It can make you think that everyone is against you when that's not even the case. Out of everything bad or negative that goes on, whether it's people or situations against you, when you receive one good person in your life that proves they're willing to help in some sort of way, you shouldn't look past them. Just because 99 people have failed you doesn't mean that the 100th person will. Be it a friend, girlfriend, boyfriend or mother, having a confidant can help make the burden feel as though it's less. That person can help you take your mind off the world when you feel that weight upon your shoulders. You can't always look at a helping hand as someone to solve or fix your problems, because a lot of the time no one can truly help make it any better than your attempts have. But when you learn to trust at least one person to be there for you to confide in, they'll be able to help you find the small joys you may overlook due to the constant negativity you come across. Just because you're going through a negative situation with negative people does not mean that every single person is after you. Don't let all of that or others false judgements blind you to the ones who actually do want to gain your trust and be your confidant.

Comments

Anonymous said…
This is one of the best posts I've read this week. It really made think about how everyone is in need of love.

Sometimes we have to remember that unconditional love does exist, and that we all need that confidant that we can genuinely express ourselves with.

Not only that, but the same is true the other way around.

Thank you for writing these, I enjoy reading them.

- Sir Kev
Dom said…
Thank you for enjoying them! And I appreciate you letting me know that ^_^
Jason Wolach said…
I totally agree with your perspective, its rather sad that people can let a few negative instances affect their outlook, and I also feel people need to have someone to confide in, as its a healthy practice to express innermost feelings so they don't become "bottled up" and cause the individual and/or people around them possible harm. I also feel that people should come to a decision on their own when it concerns who to trust and not let outside sources dictate who they decide to trust or not.
trey said…
Outstanding job. I agree with evrrything. Many people who have been hurt needs to read this. Thank you.
Dom said…
Thank you, spread the word