Love

Here's for the people who put themselves out there time and time again, only to get nothing in return. In the world we live in today, and the way our generation is turning out, it's hard to believe in love. When outside influences constantly tell you that you don't know what love is, that you're to young to experience love, that you have time to get there, it's hard to believe in love. It seems like people think when you meet a person, you immediately jump to loving them. Nope, doesn't work that way. I'm not the one to put a time limit on how long it takes, when you know you know, but getting to know a person and being in a relationship is about trying to make it there. At least that's what I think. You try to understand love and work with someone to eventually make it there. I mean, what's the point of a relationship if you're not looking to or willing to make it to being in love with a person? That's just a long term goal. But in the time being, two people have to be on the same page of wanting to make it there. Two people getting together with two different goals are bound to create disaster. I'm not interested in being in love now, I am interested in finding the person I want to grow to love, though. And that's hard when we live in a world where no one believes in that. People get hurt and think they can't try again. Well, I've been hurt, more than once, and I honestly think it'll hurt more not trying. But what I don't understand is how people can jump from relationship to relationship. Only way that makes sense to me is if the physical greatly outweighs the emotional connection. Not too many people are worried about being compatible with a person from an emotional standpoint, but that's the most important aspect. If you're not attracted to a person mentally, there is no way you will last. So if you find a person that you connect well with, how can you give up the chance to learn, like and grow to love so easily?

Comments