Pride

Pride is seldom about just being prideful. I used to be very prideful because of my ego. But in growing more mature, I realized that apologizing will not make me look weak, it makes me look like the mature person that I am. Admitting that I'm wrong will not make me look dumb, it shows that I am smart enough to admit when I don't know everything. Asking for help doesn't mean that I can't do for myself, it simply means that I haven't yet learned enough to solve certain problems on my own.
When you care about others and your relationships with them, you'll learn that your bad pride is something that can only be detrimental to these relationships..especially if another person exhibits pride too. Stepping down to let someone else have input, get shine or even have the last say will not hurt you. Showing this type of pride is showing immaturity. It's immature to think that because you want to stand your ground, it has to be that way and no one else should be able to stand theirs. If you are ever to overcome being prideful, at some point you have to realize that other people's feelings matter just as much as yours. Others need to hear that apology and not always have to be the first to apologize to you. Others need to know that although they don't have a problem helping you, you don't have a problem in asking them for that help. You are the only one that can show others that you are (wo)man enough to admit your wrong-doings, and that you are ready and willing to make things right. In all relationships: friendships, parents, siblings, boyfriend/girlfriend, being very prideful will only hurt each and everyone of you. It's like a poison that will slowly kill over time if you don't recognize and acknowledge how much you are NOT helping any situation by showing this type of pride. It's never fair to expect someone else to not be prideful and succumb to all your needs because you still choose to lead an immature, prideful life. Letting go of your pride is one way of maturing. And once your mature enough to recognize when to back down, I guarantee that you will have single-handedly made all of your relationships better to some extent.

Comments